Sunday, September 02, 2007

My First Ghazal - Bahut Udas Hoon Mein

Well, My first post in the blogging world. Not sure where to begin, but being a interview veteran after numerous MBA interviews, I will start with "Who am I??"

Though, I have quite a few interests and hobbies, the things which is most dear to me, closest to me is Urdu Poetry.

So, in my first post, I am daring to post a ghazal, which I wrote long back. With all due respect to all the poets in world, any error is highly regretted, Do let me know what you guys think.

So the Ghazal is: (Click on the image below for high resolution image)


Glossary:
Saaz-E-Afsurda : The Musical Instrument of Despair and Hopelessness.
Nabz : Pulse
Chagaron : Doctors
Khalaon : Outer Space, Shoonya, Long Distances


Please tell me your thoughts on this, criticism is good.

Abid

11 comments:

Vaibhav Jha said...

Bhai...hum gareebon ke liye translation bhi diyakaro...

Unknown said...

abid bhai...sher-e-day yahin kyun nahin start kar dete ho...jisko pasand ho wo aa ke pad lega

Rachit said...

jo tune likhaa hai...waisee feelings shaam ke samay aatee hain jab suraj doob rahaa hotaa hai...aur akele hote hain :) bahut khoobsurat!!!

Rachit said...

jo tune likhaa hai...waisee feelings shaam ke samay aatee hain...jab sooraj doob rahaa hotaa hai aur akelaapan khaaye jaa rahaa hotaa hai...bahut khoob :)

Abid Husain said...

Thanks for the kind words

Anonymous said...

What a excellent shyri , where it was when you was in JNV
Lokenra Rana

Unknown said...

आबीद खीलचीपूर वाले, तेरा जवाब नही, लेकिन मियाँ तोड़ा ट्रॅन्स्लेशन भी दे दिया कीजिए!!!

Shreyas Navare said...

Din-ba-din aapki gehrai aur geheree hotee ja rahi hai... keep it up bhai! :)

Anonymous said...

waah waah abid miya!!!

My first ghazal (maaf karna guru agar tasteless ho to)

zara aur shayaries post karo, bahut talented hai tu!

jamalume said...

Dear Abid Bhai I liked this Ghazal a lot ... khaastau pe maqte wali line(last wali line) bahut khoobsoorat hai... keep it up I would be a regular reader of ur blog and I have saved this page as my favorite one

Abid Husain said...

Javed Bhai has spoken... No more comments required in this section. thanks bhai